nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tata AS6453 not peering with NTT AS2914 in Japan

From: Anurag Bhatia <me () anuragbhatia com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:40:17 +0530

Call it funny or what - so far I have got 4 replies and in total 10emails
in one to one discussion.

No one replied in mailing list!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Anurag Bhatia <me () anuragbhatia com> wrote:

Hello everyone!

Was wondering is there's anyone from Tata Communications (VSNL/TeleGlobe)
or NTT Communications? I can see Tata Comm's AS6453 is not exchanging
traffic with NTT AS2914 in Japan. Is there's any specific reason for that?
I can see traffic exchange is being done at London, New York, San Jose but
not in Japan. Thus packets from Tokyo (Tata) to Tokyo (NTT) and having a
round trip to US. This is screwing up performance of networks which are in
downstream for NTT e.g Akamai. Route to Akamai.com webserver from Indian
networks is going like India - UK - Japan adding over 200ms of overhead
latency. If someone is interested in detailed data, I have blogged about it
here <http://link.anuragbhatia.com/zywpr>.

Any ideas what's preventing them peering in Japan itself?
--

Anurag Bhatia

anuragbhatia.com

or simply - http://[2001:470:26:78f::5] if you are on IPv6 connected