nanog mailing list archives

Bid Software

From: "Paul Stewart" <paul () paulstewart org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:50:56 -0500

Hi folks.

I'm looking for an in-house solution for "circuit bidding".  Today, when we
get a request for WAN services, transport, transit etc we have folks that
email out to a list of contacts and ask them for a price.  I've seen some
pretty neat systems in the past where vendors can send us their quotes via a
web portal or similar - hoping to find something rather simple for our own
use.

open source would be awesome.

Basically, we would notify potential vendors of that A and Z end of the
circuit and any particulars such as speed that are required.

What are folks using today and your experiences?

Thanks,

Paul