nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10GE TOR port buffers (was Re: 10G switch recommendaton)

From: bas <kilobit () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:08:02 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM, George Bonser <gbonser () seven com> wrote:

My customers want to buffer 10 to 24 * 10GE in a 1 or 2 10GE uplinks to
do this they need some buffers....

Bas

It might be cheaper for them to go to 3 or 4 10G uplinks than to replace all their switch hardware.

Im my (our) busines model _is_ the internet connectivity...
We could give the customer double the port capacity, if they were
willing to pay, but in real life they do not care...

While all respondents replies hold truth a (technial business) logic.
None shed a light why there isn't  TOR box that does 10GE
deepbuffers...