nanog mailing list archives

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:13:33 -0500

Direct phone number of a 2nd level TAC that speaks English and doesn't
read from a transcript :)

Lots of good mentions, I might add two...

(1) Snap-on multitool plier (or linesman equivalent), combination
plier/diags/various screwdrivers, etc.
(2) Universal power brick

On the last one above, I arrived at GFIRST last year, opened up laptop
to check for WiFi, and Ooops!  no power brick.  After debating Dell and
FedEx and other disgusting options, there was a BestBuy vending machine
at the Gaylord that included... you guessed it...

So in addition to the parts/supplies you may need onsite, there's always
the issue of what you forgot to stuff in the jump bag before you hit the
road...

Jeff