nanog mailing list archives

RE: FCoE Deployment

From: Pierce Lynch <p.lynch () netappliant com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:10:56 +0000

FCoE was until very recently the only way to do centralized block storage
to the Cisco UCS server blades, so I'd imagine it's quite widely adopted.
That said, we don't run FCoE outside of the UCS <black box> - its uplinks
to the SAN are just regular FC.

Agreed, very much the only implementation I have come across FCoE installations for is Cisco UCS chassis. Personally,
it's not something that I have seen regularly adopted as of yet outside proprietary hardware configurations such as UCS
deployments.

Certainly also keen to understand as to any other use cases and deployments others have implemented using full-blown
FCoE.

Kind regards,

Pierce Lynch