nanog mailing list archives

Re: Amazon Abuse contact

From: Darius Jahandarie <djahandarie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 17:49:37 -0500

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Mark Keymer <mark () viviotech net> wrote:
If there is a Amazon Abuse person our there or if someone has a good contact
to someone at Amazon can you message me off-list.

We have put in some Abuse request a couple of days ago and have not heard
back. It would be great to talk with someone about an issue effecting one of
our clients and the use of Amazon. (Cloud instances I believe)

FWIW, I had an issue with a DoS attack from an EC2 machine, and it
took a total of 2 weeks for them to take the box offline, despite the
attack going on the entire time (and being a really obvious UDP
crudflood).

I imagine that is their turnaround time. I found no escalation path
despite searching for phone numbers and bumping the ticket with more
info a few times.

--
Darius Jahandarie