nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP Address Management IPAM software for small ISP

From: Phil Regnauld <regnauld () nsrc org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:48:19 +0100

Thilo Bangert (thilo.bangert) writes:
Then in your provisioning tools, you'd request resource from specific pool
via restful API. Humand would never manually write RD/RT/IP/VLAN in the
tool or in the configs. And this type of system is vastly simpler than the
IPAMs I see listed, once you get rid of all the UI candy, it gets rather
easy problem to solve.

this is a pretty accurate description of our requirements, as well. off the
top of my head we'd also manage phone numbers, key ids, and key box ids, with
it, but that would almost be a minor detail. ;-)

        I think many of these requirements would be met by Netdot...

        Cheers,
        Phil