nanog mailing list archives

Re: Gmail and SSL

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 22:54:54 -0500

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Peter Kristolaitis <alter3d () alter3d ca> wrote:
In my experience, free/cheap certs "not working" on some clients is, in
99.9% of cases, a misconfiguration error where the server isn't presenting
the cert chain properly (usually omitting the intermediate cert), which
works on some platforms (often because they include the intermediate certs
to work around these kinds of problems) but not on others.  Fixing the cert
chain that's presented to the client has ALWAYS resolved these types of
issues in my experience.

and in the case of the original topic... if the gmail servers don't
accept StartSSL certs, please let me know I'll see about a fix.