nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advisory — D-root is changing its IPv4 address on the 3rd of January.

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:46:49 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com

So, in short, UMD will still own the losing allocation, and be able
to make
relatively sure nothing else is placed at that IP (though of course
they
won't necessarily be able to make sure no one hijacks that entire
prefix --
does Renesys have a pay-special-attention list?)

But how do you know the Renesys allocations haven't been hijacked??

I know you're being a smartass, Bill, but you're right: I assume Renesys
has made provisions for that, but I don't know what they are.

No doubt they'll pop in and post a link to a blog post they wrote 5 years
ago which explains. ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com