nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why do some providers require IPv6 /64 PA space to have public whois?

From: Ryan Malayter <malayter () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:54:23 -0600

On Dec 9, 2012, at 2:58 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

reliable tunnel

bzzzt!  oxymoron alert!!!

Intellectually I want to agree with you, but after some reflection...

We use lots of tunnels at my org - the IPsec variety. A quick non-scientific query of our monitoring logs reveals that
our tunnels are exactly as reliable as the circuits and routers which underneath them.

MTU issues aren't really a problem for us either, but then again we do control all the devices at at least one end if
the tunnel.

I defer to your experience and reputation Randy, and im syre you're right. But where are all these horrifically
unreliable tunnels?