nanog mailing list archives

Re: Color vision for network techs

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:59:05 -0700

On Aug 31, 2012, at 13:29 , Betsy Schwartz <betsy.schwartz () gmail com> wrote:

I installed monitoring software with different colored status dots,
and discovered that we had three color-blind team members. After a
pleasant hour's tweaking I ended up with green diamonds, red X's,
purple squares, and yellow exclamation points (and on this particular
application a mouse-over would also tell you the name of the color
gif) Looked better for *everyone*.

This sounds vaguely like a cereal commercial from when I was a kid.

Was the application "magically delicious" ?

Owen