nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3 BGP Advertisements

From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:13:19 -0500

If you have provided addressing from your aggregate to your customer and
they have indicated that they are multi-homing, you need to preserve their
prefix-length in your outbound advertisements, or the redundant provider
carries the inbound traffic.  Is this also frowned on?  To me, this is the
multihoming tax we all pay for.

Paul

Someone multihoming below you on PA space is a pretty special case (part of
why I said generally above actually), but definately one I would consider
valid as for passing the announcements through from their AS.

-Blake