nanog mailing list archives

Re: UCSF Network Admin??

From: Robert Glover <robertg () garlic com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:22:48 -0700

On 08/01/2012 10:51 AM, Robert Glover wrote:
Hello,

Is there anyone with clue from UCSF on-list?  Or if someone knows how to
put me in contact with them, that would be great.

We are not able to query their DNS servers from our network.  We've got
users not able to access anything UCSF due to this.

Thus far, their response has been to manually put DNS entries into our
users hosts file, not actually fix the real issue.

Thanks,
-Robert

I should have been a little more forthcoming with information.

We are having issues with getting responses from these servers:

NSMEDCTR1.UCSFMEDICALCENTER.ORG
NSMEDCTR2.UCSFMEDICALCENTER.ORG

Which are authoritative for "ucsfmedctr.org" and "ucsfmedicalcenter.org".

We ARE able to resolve ucsf.edu and things associated with that entity,
just NOT the medical center.

Thanks,
-Robert