nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operation Ghost Click

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:03:44 -0400

On 4/26/2012 5:44 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:

Yes its a major problem for the users unknowingly infected.  To them
it will look like their Internet connection is down.  Expect ISPs to
field lots of support calls.

And what about the millions of users unknowingly infected with
"something else" ??

These people need help, at least the "Ghost Click" victims will have a
clue after July 9, unless we opt to extend our head-in-the-sand period.

(We have enough trouble isolating/remediating issues among our
relatively small user base, I'd hate to be facing a major ISP size
support/remediation effort...)

Does anyone have a plan?

Jeff