nanog mailing list archives

Re: Automatic IPv6 due to broadcast

From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:42:00 +0200

--On 16 april 2012 17.38.07 -0400 Brandon Penglase <bpenglase-nanog () SpaceServices net> wrote:

direction of our security analyst) turn up a DA test server.

<snip>

Needless to say, everything was horribly slow, and some things even
flat out broke.

To be expected when DNS is given the rôle of routing packets munged by tunneling in several layers of indirection.

Sadly this event left a really sour taste for IPv6 with
Networking department (whom I was occasionally bugging about v6).

The Notworking department should be driving the v6 deploy, if they want to network in the future. If they don't, replace them with a working Networking department.

--
Måns, somewhat inspired by a recent stray down (non-ECC) memory lane.