nanog mailing list archives

Re: uunet ends newsfeed/newsreader in US

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John R. Levine" <johnl () iecc com>

Spam sucks, but I've been posting to usenet with my real unmunged email
address since 1981 and my inbox remains entirely usable. The idea that
the way to avoid spam is to hide from spammers is so 1990s.

I've been posting to Usenet with my real *cell phone number* in my sig, not
to mention a dozen mailing lists.

You know how many unsolicited phone calls I've gotten in 29 years?

Maybe as many as a dozen.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com