nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to begin making my own ISP?

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:53:11 +0000

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 02:10:29PM -0400, hasserw () hushmail com wrote:
No one replied with any useful information. I guess no one wants
competition on this list? Pretty poor tactic.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:55:01 -0400 hasserw () hushmail com wrote:
I want to begin making my own ISP, mainly for high speed servers
and such, but also branching out to residential customers. I'm
going to be in Germany for the next school year (probably either
Frankfurt am Main or Berlin); any suggestions on what sort of
classes I can take there that will be in English and will teach me

all I need to know on how to build and manage my own ISP, AS, etc?

Thanks.

        What they said.

        However - this is the NANOG list, not the EOF.  If you
        are going to play in the EU space, you should ask there.

        Also - if you are just playing w/ nuts/bolts - a valuable
        resource is the NSRC site.  They do excellent work in
        helping the technology challanged understand and deploy
        communications systems.

        http://www.nsrc.org/

        you might also want to talk to the DENIC folks and likely RIPE NCC.

        http://www.ripe.net
        http://ww.denic.de

        Good Luck, you wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper.

/bill