nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 03:51:43 +0000

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:15:10PM -0500, Ryan Gelobter wrote:
I e-mailed Marco (md) the creator of 'whois' back in July when this started
and he stated he was going to try to work around the rWHOIS issue in the
next release. Sadly there hasn't been a new release yet but I am hopeful.

        I don't remember Marco creating "whois"...
        there was the Network Service Center Phonebook - and Dan Long/BBN
        mashed it into something you could query ... like finger!  (circa 1990)

/bill