nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why are we still using the CA model? (Re: Microsoft deems all

From: "Aaron C. de Bruyn" <aaron () heyaaron com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:10:14 -0700

Neither at the moment--but it's close.

-A

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 15:52,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:20:51 PDT, "Aaron C. de Bruyn" said:
I'm pretty fond of the idea proposed by gpgAuth.One key to rule them
all (and one password) combined with the client verifying the
server.It's still in its infancy, but it works.

Yes, but it needs to be something that either (a) Joe Sixpack never
sees, or (b) Joe Sixpack actually understands.  Are either of those
true?