nanog mailing list archives

Re: Synology Disk DS211J

From: Pierre-Yves Maunier <nanog () maunier org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:32:18 +0200

2011/9/29 Jones, Barry <BEJones () semprautilities com>

Hey all.
A little off topic, but wanted to share... I purchased a home storage
Synology DS1511+. After configuring it on the home net, I did some captures
to look at the protocols, and noticed that the DS1511+ is making outgoing
connections to 59.124.41.242 (www) and 59.124.41.245 (port 81 & 89) on a
regular basis. These addresses are owned by Synology and Chungwa Telecom in
Taiwan.

So far, I've not been able to find much information on their support sites,
or Synology's wiki, but I wanted to put it out there.

Maybe it's for checking new firmware update availability...

--
Pierre-Yves Maunier