nanog mailing list archives

Re: facebook spying on us?

From: Keegan Holley <keegan.holley () sungard com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:55:07 -0400

Well what's making the connection?  It looks like unencrypted http, if your
social security number and last known addresses are streaming by you should
be able to see them.  It's a bit of a jump to say that FB (not that I'm
particularly fond of them) is spying on you from a single netstat command.
You probably clicked login with facebook for some site and it's just
autologging you in or overzealous prefetching.  Either way, I think we can
all stop making tinfoil hats now...