nanog mailing list archives

Re: Botnets buying up IPv4 address space

From: Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo <carlos () lacnic net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:34:06 -0200

I don't buy the "bad-guys-rig-policies" thing... but well, I could be wrong.

But regarding your second comment, yes, I do believe that bad guys
take the path of least resistance whenever possible. At some point
IPv6 will look attractive to them and they will start using it.

My logs show that I get spam over IPv6, so some bad guys might be
already doing it.

cheers!

Carlos

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian