nanog mailing list archives

Re: SP / Enterprise design (dis)similarities

From: Matt Hite <lists () beatmixed com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:14:37 -0700

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Tom Lanyon <tom+nanog () oneshoeco com> wrote:

Finally - are there any reasons to avoid running next-hop-self on ibgp sessions?  The upside is we get to avoid
distributing all of our transit/peer upstream point to point links into the rest of the network.  Again, I understand
this may be undesirable from a SP perspective, but when our 'clients' are all a bunch of internal servers it makes
sense to keep iBGP/IGP as clean as possible...

Route reflectors in the mix? Next-hop-self not so useful there...

-M