nanog mailing list archives

Re: First real-world SCADA attack in US

From: Ryan Pavely <paradox () nac net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:48:09 -0500

Note to self. When my opc/modbus code goes to hell and wipes out an hvac unit; blame cyber terrorists, crappy vendors, and provide a random shady ip address.

This was sad when it was possibly an unprotected network, with poor password procedures, horrible protection code in the logics, etc etc. Now it even got worse. Sigh.

  Ryan Pavely
   Director Research And Development
   Net Access Corporation
   http://www.nac.net/