nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Asset/Service Track/Management

From: Phil Regnauld <regnauld () nsrc org>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:29:37 +0100

Payam Poursaied (me) writes:
Hi all

I'm looking for a system to keep track of network assets and also periodic services in each pop site. Currently we
have
about 500 pop-sites. In each site we have DSLAMs, Linecards and also some passive equipments including terminals,
racks
and ..

Also each site may have some recurring fees/services. Something like transit link, power, rental space and .

Could you please share your experience with me

        Hi Payam,

        Some of what you mention can be handled with Netdot (https://netdot.uoregon.edu).

        There is built-in support for maintenance contract definitions, but some
        customization might be required. The good part about netdot is that it
        will automate some of the inventory management if it has SNMP access to
        your devices. Asset mgmt support is rather good for Cisco equipment, but
        would have to be tested for other vendors.

        Cheers,
        Phil