nanog mailing list archives

Re: $ 90 million fine for cutting Internet services

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 17:50:36 -0400

On May 28, 2011, at 3:23 PM, ML wrote:

Can I fine TEDATA for committing VoIP fraud against my network during that same time period?

Running a SIP honeypot will help you identify who the bad actors are here.

There's a few numbers (and countries) to make sure you block.  You should be able to find them within a week or at most
four based on their scan patterns.  The sad part is the test numbers they hit are generally in the UK to identify if
the call actually makes it out.  Seems like someone should arrest the owners of those numbers.

- Jared