nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:14:02 -0700

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net> wrote:
On May 24, 2011, at 12:02 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

I don't think they have to hijack space from DoD. I think there are a
number of other options available to them. They might cost more, but,
they also come with somewhat lower risks

the good thing is 7 exists on networks that will never see the light
of day... so it's just like 10! only lower and cooler! (and lucky, if
you believe the movies and all)

It's not just whether those networks will ever leak 7.  It's whether the DoD will ever announce anything in 7.

If they do, any Rogers customer who wants to talk to it is screwed.  Whether they have a 7 addy or not, Rogers'
routers will not let the packet leave Rogers' borders.

Now, the onus is on the DoD to make its content available over unique
IPv6 space so that the Roger's customers can get to it using the
6to4-PMT solution.  There is always a solution.

Cameron

--
TTFN,
patrick