nanog mailing list archives

Re: .io registrar

From: Jeff Blaum <jblaum02 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:14:45 -0700

Moniker.com ftw

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Jeremy Kister
<nanog-02 () jeremykister com>wrote:

Does anyone know of a competent .io registrar who charges in the <= $75/yr
area ?

I've been using tierra.net (domaindiscover.com) but they continually break
my domains.

this year, although their website says my domain expires 4/2012, my domain
stopped working today.  the .io servers aren't serving records, and nic.iosays the domain expired 4/8/2011.

i got a hold of them this morning got a ticket -- but after 4 hours still
no response.

also, although nic.io lists a bunch of .io registrars, when I called them
they almost all say "we don't register .io" :D

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./