nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: TJ <trejrco () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:09:17 -0400

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:01, Joel Jaeggli <joelja () bogus com> wrote:

On 5/9/11 5:06 AM, TJ wrote:
Unfortunately, I suspect many organizations will be following that
approach.

I hope that some will instead see this as a great opportunity for the
last
step in making their public services IPv6 reachable *... and that they
also
start/continue/complete taking IPv6 within their internal networks as
well.*

my ipv6 peering with yahoo came up like 8 months ago...

Sure, but peering is not the same as publicly/universally reachable
services.  I hope that World IPv6 Day raises enough awareness, and yields
enough success stories, that we make some noticeable progress in the near
future.

I don't think there's anything particularly unfortunate about what major
content providers are doing with ipv6, give them customers and they wil
support them.

It is unfortunate (to me), because content providers being accessible is an
important step in breaking this chicken-egg scenario.
We need the service providers and content providers to make this "IPv6
thing" usable/relevant - and (just IMHO) the sooner the better.

/TJ