nanog mailing list archives

Re: need help about switch montior

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:29:25 -0400

On 03/14/11 15:17, Brent Jones wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Jason Bertoch<jason () i6ix com>  wrote:
On 2011/03/12 8:51 AM, Deric Kwok wrote:
Hi

ls there any program/way to monitor the switch port/switch status when
it reaches to certain bandwidth?

Cacti with Threshold plugin

--
/Jason

^ This.

    Sorry about that. (Too jittery this morning)

I was to confirm that Cacti (Lookup CactiEZ for quick testing) + Threshold plugin has been working for well over 6 months in our test lab.

The site has over 18,000 thresholds and that on a single clunker, un-optimized it takes about 1m to process.

We mainly placed threshold on Environment reading, Traffic High/Low, Discards and other Errors on each ports.

    You should check Cacti licensing, I think it is still GPL.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443