nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

From: JC Dill <jcdill.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:03:22 -0800

 On 01/03/11 12:07 PM, Jake Khuon wrote:
And I agree with the previous poster that in this day and age, it is
unlikely that the sales group of a global provider would not have
encountered such a request.  If anything, they should have been hit with
those kinds of requests starting ten years ago.  Perhaps that particular
salesperson had not but he/she should have been briefed on it and should
be familiar enough with deployment status to be able to talk
intelligently and honestly with a potential customer.

You can use their reply to an IPv6 request as a bit of a bozo filter, much like the RFP discussed here used RFC 1149 to determine if the companies actually read and understood the RFCs they were expected to support.

http://www.itworld.com/NWW010409bradner

I *love* using Bozo filters. Anytime you can trick companies into revealing their true colors, you are a step ahead in the game.

jc