nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 26

From: "Yaoqing(Joey) Liu" <joey.liuyq () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:14:41 -0600

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:32:39 -0600
From: "Yaoqing(Joey) Liu" <joey.liuyq () gmail com>
Subject: About the different causes of multiple origin ASN(MOAS)
       problem
To: nanog () nanog org

Hi,

I'm trying to find all causes of multiple origin AS problem(MOAS) as
follows, but not sure if it's complete. Also please let me know how popular
each item is, especially item 3 and 4 that I'm very curious about.

1. Internet Exchange Points, we have observed a list of this prefixes,
although they generally are not announced to the DFZ.
2. Anycast, rare, but occurs sometimes, for example, 192.88.99.0/24,
2002::/16, and 2001::/32
3. Multi-homing with Private AS number
4. Multi-homing using static route (customer doesn't have AS number)
5. Misconfiguration
6. Hijacking
7. What else?

Thanks,