nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

From: Bernhard Schmidt <berni () birkenwald de>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 00:24:48 +0000 (UTC)

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se> wrote:

On a more serious note, I can on my Ubuntu machine just "apt-get install
wide-dhcpv6-client" and I get dhcpv6, it'll properly put stuff in
resolv.conf for dns-over-ipv6 transport, even though the connection
manager knows nothing about it, at least dual stack works properly.

This is finally getting fixed now. NetworkManager 0.8.3, to be shipped
in the upcoming Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) seems to do the right thing,
including using the OtherConfig-Flag in RA to trigger a stateless DHCPv6
request. Haven't tested stateful yet.

Bernhard