nanog mailing list archives

Re: whoi modify question

From: Brandon Ross <bross () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:27:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Patrick Darden wrote:

My mistake.  Apologies.

It happens, but:

On 06/17/2011 01:03 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Darden, Patrick S. wrote:

The short answer is you can't. ARIN only cares about /24s or bigger. If the network were a /24 or larger, then your customer would need to get an ASN (autonomous system number) and then you could register the network to them.

I'm afraid there's also no requirement at all for an ASN regardless of the size of your address block. ASNs are required for running BGP. You can easily static route even a /8 (and I've done it on occasion).

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                               ICQ:  2269442