nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yup; the Internet is screwed up. - Land Assistance...

From: Don Gould <don () bowenvale co nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:14:32 +1200

Dear Mr J,

Again let me thank you for engaging this issue.

However again we have done our research and were well aware of the issue before making the investment choice (unlike the OP's linked article where the writer clearly hadn't researched the availability of services/resources he needed for his primary income.)

I grant you that many list members may not be aware that the rural community are in fact extremely large users of technology (gps being just one small example).

When we first read about the noise issues in the area we invested a large sum of capital in an R&D facility to developed electronic cow bells that have integrated GPS in them so the cow knows where it is and can simply turn the bell off. The bells are now under manufacture in China and we are looking at export opportunities in many markets including the US (part of the reason for investment in the location you were kind enough to link before).

Again, in keeping with list protocols, can we please focus on the regulations for installation if irrigation piping?

Kindest and warmest regards

Farmer Don