nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent & HE

From: Kevin Loch <kloch () kl net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:18:24 -0400

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 06:39:02PM -0400, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
Yes, both refuse to buy transit, yes. But HE is able, willing, and even begging to peer; Cogent is not. These are not "the same thing".

I'm ready, willing, and lets say for the purposes of this discussion begging to peer with every Tier 1, but some of them aren't willing to peer with me. Does that mean I should stop buying transit and blame them for my resulting lack of global reachability?

Do you have half the routing table as your customer base?

- Kevin