nanog mailing list archives

Re: Announcing Project BISMark: ISP Performance Measurements from Home Routers

From: Alex Brooks <askoorb+nanog () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:30:07 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Nick Feamster <feamster () cc gatech edu> wrote:

Hello NANOG,

We've launched Project BISMark, a project that performs active performance measurements of upload and download
throughput, latency, etc. from OpenWRT-based routers running inside of homes.   We have tested our OpenWRT image on
the NetGear WNDR 3700v2 and are currently shipping out NetGear routers with the BISMark firmware to anyone who is
interested.

Is this similar to the UK (Ofcom, http://www.ofcom.org.uk/) and US
(FCC, http://www.fcc.gov/) regulators scheme that is being run by Sam
Knows at http://www.samknows.com/broadband/test_my_isp and
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_performance ?

I'd be quite interested to know the difference between them.

Alex