nanog mailing list archives

Re: 3Com Total Control documentation

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:21:41 -0600

On 7/28/11 9:19 AM, Matthew Black wrote:
My sympathies to your unfortunate situation. The last tech probably
doesn't want to be bothered...that's a management issue. A PortMaster 3
may solve your problems.

I've always been a fan of the Lucent MAX series.

In fact, I have a MAX 60xx sitting in my garage (bought it as a reminder of what I used to do). Great little boxes, v.90 with the right cards, and fairly easy to manage at the same time. They're cheap, plentiful, and quite a few people can help you manage them (I built my first dialup ISP with these).

I do second the use of a Portmaster 2 or 3. They're getting up there in age, but I do believe one of the ones I deployed late 90s is still chugging along for ISDN use. :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org