nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google DNS just disappeared

From: "steve pirk [egrep]" <steve () pirk com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:33:15 -0700

If you want to be able to ask Googlers directly on issues like this, you
might try Google+. I am trying to spam, it is just that they are all
available on there. Here is something Scoble posted the other day:

 I just spent an hour talking with a Google exec about + and I came away
with a few things:

1. Google employees used to not be able to tell you what they are working
on. Those days are gone.

2. There is more intellectual curiosity inside Google than I have seen in
quite some time.

3. The + team is driven by our excitement and that has caused sizable
shifts in employee attention. Translation: new features are coming. Everyone
wants to work for a winner.

This new Google attitude is something that feeds on itself. Translation: I
am excited about the future here in a way that I was never excited about
Buzz.

It has been a while since I posted, but if anyone wants an invite, ping this
account or pirkster at gmail.
--steve