nanog mailing list archives

Re: NDP DoS attack

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:59:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011, Florian Weimer wrote:

Interesting, thnaks.  It's not the vendors I would expect, and it's not
based on SEND (which is not surprising at all and actually a good
thing).

Personally I think SEND is never going to get any traction.

Is this actually secure in the sense that it ties addresses to specific
ports for both sending and receiving?  I'm asking because folks have
built similar systems for IPv4 which weren't.  The CLI screenshots look
good, better than what most folks achieve with IPv4.

As far as I know, it's designed to work securely in an ETTH scenario,
which implies both sending and receiving (if I understood you correctly).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se

_____