nanog mailing list archives

AW: Nexus 5000 with 4G FC module - initialization ?

From: "Thomas Weible" <Thomas.Weible () flexoptix net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:56:36 +0100

Steve Fischer <sfischer1967 () gmail com> wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, there is an additional license needed to activate Fibre-
Channel services on the Nexus family of switches.

Dantzig, Brian <bdantzig () medline com> wrote:
You need to turn on fcoe support with the configuration command "feature
fcoe". You will also need the appropriate license for fabric services. But even
without the license you should be able to enter fc commands. They just
won't work until you add the license. Without the"feature fcoe", the
interface type won't even show up in command help. There are other
storage fabric related services that you may want to turn on with the feature
command as well.

This did the trick. After enabling "feature FCOE" the ports show up!
It might be important for some others. With the regular "show interface" the Nexus only show the Ethernet-ports. You
have to do a "show interface brief" to see the FC-ports aswell.

Anyways.. it is still a question for me if everybody wants to have FCoE when FC only is needed?

Thanks for your fast help
Thomas