nanog mailing list archives

Re: arin and ops fora (was Re: AltDB?)

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:28:34 -0600

On 1/10/2011 5:13 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

Members may bring any topic of interest to arin-discuss. The fact that there is more
traffic on ppml dealing with the NRPM than there is on arin-discuss dealing with other
issues is a matter of where the members choose to focus their attention more than
anything else.

Would that be the list I've tried to subscribe to multiple times, get an autoresponder that it has to be approved, and then never hear a word?

PPML is a forum for the community (not just ARIN members, the entire community).
Good to know. I was under the impression that it was member only.

There is a separate mailing list... arin-discuss which is for members of ARIN to discuss
any ARIN-related topic of interest to the membership. They can and sometimes do
discuss operational matters there.

Except it's listed as no input from ARIN itself?

Everything you are asking for in your last paragraph is available. Perhaps what is needed
is better education of the membership and community on what tools are available and how
to use them. Were you familiar with arin-discuss prior to this message? If so, in what way
does it not meet the need you are describing?

I can't get subscribed, so, :P

I also haven't seen on the website pointers for where different tools and resources fall into for community review, comment, suggestion, etc. Perhaps it's just my website navigation skills. However, as I said previously, I have no serious complaints. It's not like the AC and CEO aren't publicly visible and vocal.

Jack