nanog mailing list archives

Re: Software For Telcos

From: Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo <carlosm3011 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:26:49 -0200

What I've seen in my experience is mostly custom-developed software,
sometimes developed in-house, sometimes outsourced and sometimes both.
I don't know of many off-the-shelf packages out there.

There are of course many "vertical" off-the-shelf apps. For example:
billing systems, network management/monitoring systems, payroll
systems, CRMs, etc. Many times there is a lot of work to be done in
the area of system integration as there is a significant effort
involved in getting these vertical systems talking to each other.

cheers,

Carlos