nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

From: Craig V <cvuljanic () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:46:01 -0500

Our core business is not as a service provider, as in selling services to
others, but we act as a service provider providing services for the various
customers in our internal network that we support.

Our core used to be an all Cisco Core. a few years back the decision was
made to replace this with Alcatel-Lucent IPD products. I can say we are
happy that we did replace the Cisco core, and we have had a very good
experience with the IPD product line. I am sure others can attest to this
also.  The features and functionality along with the reliability have been
very good, and in my opinion they have a strong product.

Our edge at this point is a mixture of Cisco access switches, and we also
still have some Cisco Distribution.