nanog mailing list archives

Looking for an Akamai contact, strange DoS traffic sourcing from Akamai sources

From: Tom Beecher <tbeecher () localnet com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:04:48 -0500

I'm looking for an Akamai contact to try and address a strange situation.

We have multiple sites across the country that aggregate 56k dialup customers. Different sites are randomly experiencing inbound traffic spikes that are overwhelming the uplinks to our carriers, causing DoS situations. These spikes far exceed the bandwidth that could possibly be used by the number of dialup customers connected. We've been able to trace the source of the traffic to Akamai boxes, but so far have been unable to reach anyone at Akamai to discuss the situation. We're attempting to get payload information, but the traffic volume is making it slow going setting up packet captures at these sites remotely.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

--
Thomas Beecher II