nanog mailing list archives

Re: My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:13:10 -0600

On 2/3/2011 9:54 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:
The major national provider is supposed to be swapping out equipment
any day now in order to support IPv6. The regional is claiming that
their upstreams do not have IPv6 support yet. Their upstream
providers certainly do have IPv6, but I do not know if they are not
offering it to their downstream ISP customers.

I don't know, but as a company that manages the internet operations
for numerous ISPs, and needs to have full monitoring capability for
said customers, it is frustrating not to have native IPv6.

I waited years and finally turned up a transit to L3 for additional bandwidth (had to wait for GE support from the other 2, of which 1 still can't give me a GE) and luckily native v6. Within 30 days I should have a cogent 10G, and I hear I'll get v6 there as well.

I'm still waiting for v6 on the original 2, but I can live with what I have.

Jack