nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:30:15 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:01:52 EST, Jay Ashworth said:
Ahem. Please quit confusing "the protocol" with "that small
segment of
the protocol we choose to allow/support on our network".

Ahem.

Please quit confusing "The Internet" with "my small edge network,
which I interconnect with The Internet".

Corporations use a different version of RFC5321 that's 30% shorter and
removes features they happen to not use? Or are they using the same
RFC5321, but simply not using all the features?

Probably the latter.

C'mon; this isn't *your* first rodeo, either.  From the viewpoint of
The Internet, *my edge router* is The Node -- as long as everything gets
to there ok, it's nunya damn business what I do inside.   Only what
comes out.

That's Why I Have A Router.

Cheers,
-- jra