nanog mailing list archives

Re: Graph Utils (Open-Source)

From: Joe Loiacono <jloiacon () csc com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:24:28 -0500

Max Pierson <nmaxpierson () gmail com> wrote on 02/21/2011 04:15:46 PM:

Unfortunately, I'm not savvy with Java at all, so the really cool viz
API's
wont work for me (there's just something about Java ... I simply can't
get
into it and I see alot of Java based apps that are resource hogs). I was
looking at mostly using some simple Perl + PHP (or even Python) for the
graph generation. My own cacti if you will, just not as feature filled
but template driven.

The GD 'C' package has great Perl interfaces called GD, and GD:Graph. Easy
to work with ...

GD: http://search.cpan.org/~lds/GD-2.30/GD.pm

GD:Graph: http://search.cpan.org/~bwarfield/GDGraph-1.44/

Joe