nanog mailing list archives

Re: Graph Utils (Open-Source)

From: Paul Graydon <paul () paulgraydon co uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:13:12 -1000

Mostly I've heard bad things about matplotlib under Python. Lots of good features, but buggy and a bit of a memory hog. How did you find it?

On 02/18/2011 10:34 AM, Peter A. Friend wrote:
I've used gnuplot for several projects and found it very flexible. Gnuplot is also handy because it's easy to feed it commands over a pipe. I also recommend the "Gnuplot In Action" book - it saved me a ton of time. I have also used matplotlib within Python.

For more interactive graphs I've played with the Processing environment a bit, but not enough to provide a useful comparison with the other tools.

Peter