nanog mailing list archives

Re: To the people who answer tech questions on this list

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:59:45 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Dillon" <wavetossed () googlemail com>

There are no perfect solutions. It seems to me that Twitter is not
conducive to technical Q&A and given the choice between Facebook and
LinkedIn, it seems that the professional social network is more likely
to gain traction. Nobody has to participate if they don't want to;
it's just about adding a choice and seeing whether or not people
really want this kind of thing.

They don't.

The issue is *really* knowledge capture -- not the getting to the solutions,
but the keeping of them for later.

I set up a wikia for this, 3 and more years ago.  Crickets.

Cheers,
-- jra